What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Gottsegen Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office. Our New Patient Coordinator, Stacy, will take your history and give you lots of information about our practice, what we have to offer, and why our office is different and special.
Dr. G. Bradley Gottsegen will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment himself.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled, often the day the beginning of treatment is planned. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Panoramic and cephalometric radiographs and tracings.
- Photographs of your face and teeth
- Diagnostic study models (if necessary)
- Dr. Gottsegen will study the diagnostic records and determine the best course of treatment.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. Our treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from some insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, photographs, study models (if necessary) and a personalized diagnostic workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
In general, we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan: however, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.